Even ninjas love @playmysongapp at @ninchatcom partee!!! (at Helsinki / Helsingfors)
Following on the heels of the most romantic holiday of the year, we’re excited to talk about another potential use for Playmysong. You’ve used it at your house parties, so why not use it at one of the most important parties you’ll ever have- your wedding!
Various wedding blogs have written about using Spotify “as your wedding DJ.” With the Playmysong Spotify app you can take that once step further and allow Spotify and your guests to act as the wedding DJ’s. Weddings are all about you as the couple, and your friends and family who are there to celebrate with you, so this is a cool way to allow everyone to be fully involved in the celebration!
Depending on the format of your wedding and when you’d like certain music to be played, we recommend Playmysong for the reception. You and your fiancé can generate a really large playlist with all your favorite songs, and guests can queue up songs as they’re eating/drinking/dancing. The social features of Playmysong would be great to use here as well. While guests are choosing songs, they can “dedicate” a special song to the happy couple, leave shout outs, “like” requests, and tell everyone about the music they’re celebrating to at your wedding.
Here’s the low-down:
- Once you have Spotify, open it, click “App Finder”, select the Playmysong app, and “Add it”
- Then, create a wedding playlist on Spotify (the sky’s the limit with the amount of songs you want available for guests to choose from)
- Use this playlist to launch a jukebox within the App
- We can help you customize your photo, jukebox name, and more! (Ex. “John and Sue’s Wedding!” with one of your engagement photos)
- We can also help set you up with a “big screen” so guests can see what songs are being selected and played!
- Wherever you’ve launched Spotify (on your computer or on your phone) will become your music source. Hook this up to a sound system with speakers.
- Then, wedding guests will download the Playmysong app onto their mobile phones (tell them this in advance), click on your jukebox (“John and Sue’s Wedding!”) and start choosing songs. Everyone gets to be the DJ
If you have any questions, leave us feedback, a comment on this post, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy wedding planning!
(Photo by Musta & Valkoinen)